Full-time, in class Interpretation and Translation Diploma (Mandarin Chinese/English)
- An undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree or a diploma from a recognized university or college in Canada or abroad
- Demonstrated fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- A passing result on our screening exams
Note that there is no minimum TOEFL or IELTS score required for the Interpretation and Translation Diploma program. We will evaluate your application based on your academic qualifications, your proficiency in English and Chinese, and your performance on our written screening tests and oral interview.
Please include the following with your application:
- A résumé that includes your education and work history
- A letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the program (at least one page, no more than 500 words)
- Copies of any degrees, diplomas or certificates from all the post-secondary institutions you have attended
Once we review your application, we will send you a written translation test that you will need to return to email@example.com within three days. Once we receive the test, we will send you the results within two weeks.
If you pass the translation screening, we will schedule a Skype or an in-person interview with you. If your interview is successful, we will send you a Letter of Offer as well as further instructions on paying your tuition. If you are an international student, you must pay your tuition before we release a formal Letter of Admission, which you'll require to apply for a Study Permit.
Simon Fraser University's Designated Learning Institution number (DLI#) is O18781994282. All international students enrolled in the Interpretation and Translation Diploma program must present their valid Study Permit to the program on the first day of the classes. We must keep current records of this information to ensure your eligibility to study in Canada. There are a number of recent changes to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada regulations which may impact international students. For more information on these changes, please visit the the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website.
For application fee and deadline, visit Program details.
Wed, 06 Jun 2018 6:30 PM
Chinese/English Interpretation and Translation Diploma Info Session — Vancouver