Part-time, online Editing Certificate
Our online Editing Certificate consists of 10 core courses and two electives. We recommend that you take Editors and Editing: An Introduction first.
For an at-a-glance view of the editing courses we're offering over the next two semesters, have a look at our upcoming courses schedule.
- Advanced Study in Writing for Business and the Professions BCPW205
- Ethics and Legal Issues in Writing and Publishing BCPW210
- Editors and Editing: An Introduction EDIT110
- Copy Editing EDIT210
- Basic Proofreading EDIT220
- Document Design and Production for Editors EDIT240
- Grammar EDIT250
- Structural Editing EDIT330
- Final Project: Editing EDIT410
- Stylistic Editing EDIT508
Elective courses (choose two):
Take individual editing courses
You may take editing courses without applying to the Editing Certificate. You do not need to apply or submit an application fee. If you're new to the editing field, we recommend that you begin with our foundational editing course, Editors and Editing: An Introduction. Please note that Final Project: Editing is open only to certificate students.
Check course descriptions for class schedules, prerequisites and current fees. The course registration deadline for online courses is typically one week before the course start date. Classes fill quickly, so register early.
If you decide to complete the certificate, any courses you pass within five years before we admit you to the program will count toward your certificate (provided they are part of the certificate curriculum in the year for which you apply).