Part-time, in class New Media Journalism Certificate
We'll evaluate your application based on your academic qualifications, work experience, and interest in the field.
- You must have completed at least Grade 12 English or some post-secondary education.
- You need excellent writing and communication skills.
Please include the following with your application:
- A résumé that includes your education and work history, and any relevant volunteer experience.
- A statement of why you think the New Media Journalism Certificate is right for you (no more than 500 words).
- A writing sample such as a news release, news story, business correspondence, letter to the editor, web page content, other non-fiction or a personal narrative (no more than 500 words).
You can also take individual courses towards the certificate before you apply. If you are accepted to the program at a later date, any courses that you complete successfully (that are part of the new media journalism certificate curriculum at the time you apply) will count toward your certificate..
We review applications as we receive them, and we will contact you about the status of your application.
For application fee, visit Program details.