Ingrid Valou's outstanding social media work during her practicum at the Vancouver Economic Commission earned her a full-time position as their communications specialist.
Full-time, in class Public Relations Certificate
Public Relations Certificate graduates
SFU grads compete in the national market
Many of our students land PR jobs within weeks of graduation. Here’s why:
- SFU’s PR grads are excellent communicators who can produce key pieces like media releases, editorials, speeches and web copy.
- They know exactly what journalists are looking for and how to get it to them.
- They can manage and minimize the impact of a crisis.
- They’re skilled presenters, public speakers and special events managers.
- They know when to use traditional advertising and when to use social media.
- They can conduct and use market research to their advantage.
- They can plan and execute a communications strategy.
- They’re current—they know the strategies, tools and challenges of today’s PR industry.
Meet some alumni
Ingrid launched her career straight out of her practicum
Brittaney brought her new PR skills overseas
Since completing our program, Brittaney Anderson relocated to London to pursue her career goals internationally. She currently works at TVC Group, an integrated agency where she manages production, creative and media relations teams in the creation of global video PR campaigns for clients including Bacardi, Ralph Lauren, AirBnB and Marriott Hotels.
Sasha works at one of Canada's top PR firms
Thanks to our PR certificate, Sasha Perrin is creating the news as a communications consultant at Hill+Knowlton Strategies, one of Canada's top PR and public affairs firms.
Ryan is an IABC Communicator of the Year Award recipient
After winning a prestigious award from the B.C. branch of the International Association of Business Communicators, Ryan Paulson went on to work at the Pacific Community Resources Society and Blenz.
Adam started his own PR and communications business
Adam Trombley chose the Public Relations Certificate to add some practical training to his résumé. After a placement at DDB Canada, he formed an independent consulting business.