Computing Science Surrey Co-op
Apply as early as first year - the sooner the better. If you're interested in joining Computing Science Surrey co-op, but not sure if you meet our requirements, please contact us at email@example.com.
In order to be accepted, you must complete the following criteria:
Things You Should Consider Before Applying to Co-op
It is important to realize what your commitment to co-op represents. Here are some points that will help you to make the best out of your co-op experience.
- All undergraduate students are required to commit to complete a minimum of three work terms (but ideally four work terms), and Second Degree and Post Baccalaureate students must commit to a minimum of one work term. Students should alternate between work and study semesters. Students not intending to complete the minimum number of work terms will not be admitted.
- Co-op is about learning what you like and what you don't. We encourage students to “try out” various areas to ensure that when you graduate you have a good idea of the type of work you would like to pursue as well as the type of working environment you prefer.
- Occasionally students might not be placed right away. Don't be discouraged, continue to apply and keep in close contact with your co-op coordinator/advisor.
- Students are also encouraged to conduct their own "self-directed" work search with support from their Co-op Coordinator.
- Acceptance into the Co-op program does not guarantee placement in a work term. Students are required to apply for posted positions, and it is the employers who determine the applicants to be interviewed and hired.
- Searching for a Co-op work term is a lot like taking an extra course. Writing cover letters and preparing for and attending interviews takes a lot of time and effort – but it pays off!
Are you ready to explore your options through Co-op? Apply now!