In order to be admitted to the Health Sciences Co-op program, students must:
- Complete a minimum of 40 credit hours prior to the first work term.
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.75.
- Have a viable plan to integrate three or four co-op work terms into their academic schedule.
- Completion of the general Co-op Application Form
Things to Consider
There are certain expectations of all students who join Health Sciences Co-op.
- All undergraduate students are expected to complete four work terms, alternating between work and study semesters. Students not intending to complete four terms will not be admitted.
- Acceptance into the Co-op program does not guarantee placement in a work term. Students are required to apply for posted positions, and it is the employers who determine the applicants to be interviewed and hired.
- New students should ideally join Co-op two semesters prior to your first Co-op work placement.
- Searching for a Co-op work term is a lot like taking an extra course. Writing cover letters, preparing for and attending interviews, and attending Co-op workshops can take a lot of time and effort but it pays off!
- Don't worry if you don't get a job immediately since many of our students get placed later in the semester. Hang in there! Some of our best jobs come in late in the semester.
- Expect to have FUN too! The Co-op staff are happy to help you (drop-ins for quick questions, and appointments for longer questions), and the Co-op Program is always looking for ways to keep students involved and excited.