The 42nd Annual Powell Street Festival
The Powell Street Festival is the largest Japanese Canadian festival in the country and the longest running community arts celebration in Vancouver! Enjoy traditional and contemporary Japanese Canadian performances and demonstrations, including taiko drumming, sumo wrestling, martial arts, bonsai and ikebana, folk and modern dance, alternative pop/rock/urban music, visual arts, film/video, as well as historical walking tours, tea ceremonies, and a fantastic array of Japanese food, crafts, & displays.
For more information about the 42nd Annual Powell Street Festival, visit PSFS website here.
This Festival is supported by SFU David Lam Centre.
August 4th and 5th, 2018
11:30am - 7:00pm
- Oppenheimer Park (400 block of Powell Street)
- Firehall Arts Centre (280 E. Cordova Street)
- Vancouver Japanese Language School and Japanese Hall (475 Alexander Street)
- Vancouver Buddhist Temple (220 Jackson Avenue)
- Centre A Gallery (268 Keefer Street)