Terms of Reference
- The MATE Scholarship will be awarded annually (usually in the Fall term) to the student completing the first four semesters of the Masters of Arts for Teachers of English (MATE) program with the highest academic standing.
- The MATE Scholarship winner will be determined by the MATE Committee of the Department of English. This committee will exercise its judgment in choosing a winner in the case of a tie.
- The recommendation for this award will be done via the graduate online award system (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copy of the student's SFU transcript
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the nomination of the Chair of the Department of English, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: October2017 / GESR187