Faculty of Education MEd Graduate Fellowship (TEAL-F program)
This fellowship is intended for continuing graduate students in the Teaching English as an additional language - Fieldwork Stream (TEAL-F) MEd program.
The Faculty of Education MEd Graduate Fellowship is a one-term award valued at approximately $3,250 (half fellowship) or $6,500 (full fellowship) effective Fall 2015. Students may be eligible to receive up to a maximum of two full GFs, or four partial GFs, during an academic year (September 1–August 31). Only students who are in the TEAL-F MEd program are eligible to receive this award.
Interested applicants should read the Terms of Reference below to ensure they are eligible.
Terms of Reference
- To be eligible to hold this fellowship, a person must be registered as a full-time, regular (not on leave) student and must normally have a first-class (>=3.50) grade point average or (>=85%) at SFU. In exceptional cases, other evidence of outstanding ability may outweigh this criterion.
- Academic merit is the primary criterion for ranking eligible applicants.
Academic merit is based on grades. Active involvement in the University and/or wider community is an additional criterion to be used.
- During tenure of the fellowship, full-time status is required. A student may not be on leave during the fellowship and must be paying full fees (not continuing fees) during the tenure of the award. This Graduate Fellowship is normally tenable in the fall term.
- Application is made online via SFU's Graduate Awards Application System (GA3). The M Ed Program Committee will review and recommend a list of recipients to the Director of Graduate Programs, Faculty of Education.
- A final list of recommended recipients will be forwarded to the Dean of Graduate Studies Office. The Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee offers the awards.
Revised: January 2016