Catherine Anne McKay Publishing Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to defray a student’s expenses incurred while participating in the Internship component of the Master's of Publishing Program at Simon Fraser University.
- One award currently valued at $1,000 is normally payable in May to a student interning at a publishing house during the Summer term. When the endowment is sufficient to provide two awards of at least $1,000 each, the second award will be granted to a student interning at a Canadian-owned publishing company.
- To be eligible for this award, a student must be registration at Simon Fraser University in the Masters of Publishing Program.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students should be nominated for this award by the Director of the Masters of Publishing Program. The nomination is made on the Application for a Private Graduate Scholarship form and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts, including performance in MPub courses
- an identification of the firm and location of the internship with a statement from the student explaining the reasons for interest in the publishing internship
- The completed nomination and all supporting documents must be received by the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, and on the nomination of the Director of the Master's of Publishing.
Revised: February 2012 /GESR118