British Columbia Graduate Scholarships
The Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training has provided one-time funding to 10 public post-secondary institutions for competitive, merit-based graduate student scholarships. These scholarships will enable British Columbia institutions to attract and retain the best and brightest graduate students and increase our ability to compete for students who are leaders in their field. Departments nominate the strongest incoming candidates for these entrance scholarships in GA3.
About the award:
- These are entering awards, intended for recruitment and the start date must align with the incoming student’s graduate program start date (starting Fall 2019).
- The awards are valued at $15,000.
- The BCGS will be paid as $5,000 per term for the first 3 terms.
- BCGS award holders must apply for tri-agency awards, if eligible.
- Awards may be stackable; a student may receive a BCGS award as well as other scholarships but, must not exceed $50,000 funding limit per academic year.
- Awards are NOT portable or transferable (ie., cannot be taken to another institution).
As per the Ministry Program Guidelines, the core eligibility criteria for these awards is as follows:
- Students must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Students must be undertaking degree programs at the graduate level.
- Eligible degree programs will include both research-intensive and professional graduate programs, with an emphasis, but not exclusive focus, on disciplines related to Science, Technology, Trades, Engineering, Art, Mathematics, Entrepreneurship and Design.
At a Glance
British Columbia Graduate Scholarships (BCGS)
Amount: valued at $15,000/yr; there will be a one year top up available for $5,000/yr for some students.
Departments nominate their students on the GA3 System