Community Trust Endowment Funds Graduate Fellowships
Terms of Reference
- The CTEF Graduate Fellowship (GF) is a merit based award valued at $6,250. CTEF GF’s cannot be divided or split like regular GF’s.
- To be eligible to hold a CTEF GF, a person must be registered as a full-time, regular (not "onleave") Doctoral student in the Humanities (Archaeology, English, History, Linguistics, Political Science, Sociology/Anthropology) and must normally have a first-class (≥ 3.50) grade point average. In exceptional cases, other evidence of outstanding ability may outweigh this criterion. In programs where fees are assessed on a per-credit basis, students must be taking at least six credits to be eligible to hold a CTEF Graduate Fellowship.
- Academic merit is the primary criterion for ranking eligible applicants; departments will advise all applicants in advance if additional criteria will be used. Academic merit is based on grades, research ability, and progress in the graduate program.
- CTEF Graduate Fellowship recipients may accept other scholarship support from other sources. New or current graduate students holding awards valued at $50,000 or more are not eligible to apply for a CTEF GF or for other scholarship income from SFU sources.
- Recipients should be aware that some external awards may restrict students from holding a CTEF GF at the same time as the external award.
- There is no restriction on CTEF GF recipients receiving income for work performed during tenure of the CTEF GF.
- Students will be eligible to receive CTEF GF support only during the first 15 semesters of a Ph.D. program.
- Awards are made by the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee on the recommendations of the Departmental Graduate Program Committee.
- Application is made on the Application for a CTEF Graduate Fellowship form located on the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies website.
The application deadline to the department of enrolment is April 15.
Revised: October 2009
At a Glance
Community Trust Endowment Funds Graduate Fellowship
Amount: $6,250 CDN
Eligibility: current PhD student in Humanities (Archaeology, English, History, Linguistics, Political Science, Sociology/Anthropology)
Tenure: 1 semester