Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to Canada's economic, social and research‑based growth. Seventy Banting Fellowships (valued at $70,000 per year for two years) are awarded annually with an equal distribution among CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC.
The objectives of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program are to:
- Attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- Develop leadership potential
- Position postdoctoral fellows for success as research leaders of tomorrow
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between the applicant and the host institution, including demonstrated alignment of the supervisor’s research, the applicant’s research and the institution’s strategic priorities.
- Value: $70,000 per year for two years
- Tenable: April following competition
- Memo: 2018-19 Banting Postdoctoral Memo (to be uploaded)
- Website: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Website
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are You Competitive? Are You Eligible?
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program is competitive. Before you consider applying:
- Preliminary Selection
All interested applicants must submit the following Banting Preliminary Form & Attachments to email@example.com by July 4, 2018.
- Preliminary Application Form (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the form)
- CV (can be the CCV or your own formatted CV)
- Lay Abstract
- Draft Applicant Summary (max 2 pages)
- Draft supervisor summary (max 4 pages, can be point form)
- Complete Full Application
Only selected candidates will be invited to complete the full Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship application. All candidates will know their status by July 27th, 2018. Those going forward will be given guidance in completing their full application. The full application is due to the Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies office for final review by August 23, 2018.
- Final Endorsement
Applications that receive final approval will be provided with the Institutional letter of Endorsement by September 14th; the Full application must be submitted online by September 19th, 2018.
See profiles of SFU's Banting Fellowship recipients:
- Postdoc Profile: Claire Battershill, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postdoc Profile: Tiffany-Anne Timbers, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postdoc Profile: Thomas Flower, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postdoc Profile: Lianne Willems, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postdoc Profile: William Odom, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postdoc Profile: Keren Zaiontz, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postdoc Profile: William (Ben) Mortenson, Banting Postdoctoral Fellow