BC Ground Water Association Annual Graduate Award in Hydrogeology
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to offer financial assistance to and reward a deserving student enrolled in a graduate degree program in the Department of Earth Sciences.
- One award will be offered annually to a graduate student who fulfills the following eligibility criteria:
- demonstrated academic achievement in their most recent degree program completed or in their current graduate program
- is registered full-time in a graduate program in the Department of Earth Sciences
- is studying in the field of hydrogeology and has demonstrated promise in making a contribution to the evaluation, protection, and sustainable use of ground water resources in British Columbia.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and/or a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a one page research proposal demonstrating the promise of making a contribution to the evaluation, protection, and sustainable use of ground water resources in B.C
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Earth Sciences.
Revised: April 2017 / GPSR071