BMO John Ellis Graduate Scholarship in Indigenous Business and Leadership Annual Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the award is to provide funding to Indigenous graduate students enrolled in the EMBA in Indigenous Business and Leadership Program.
- One award, valued at $10,000, will be offered annually, in any term, to graduate students who fulfil the following criteria:
- are enrolled in the EMBA in Indigenous Business and Leadership in the Beedie School of Business;
- are of Indigenous heritage (defined as, in accordance to Canada's 1982 Constitution, First Nations, Metis, and Inuit peoples of Canada); and
- who demonstrate excellence in one of the following ways:
- Have achieved a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at the undergraduate level, and if applicable, in EMBA coursework; or
- Have a minimum of eight years of work experience with at least six of these in a managerial or professional position, with demonstrated evidence of accomplishments in leadership.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Applications will be made via the Graduate Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3). Required documents include:
- a current curriculum vitae; and
- copies of post-secondary transcripts.
- If a suitable candidate is not identified, the award may be disbursed in a subsequent term or year.
- The award will be granted by the Dean and Associate Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Program Director, EMBA in Indigenous Business and Leadership.
Revised: February 2019/ GPSR092