Bel Construction Graduate Scholarship in Business
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree at the Beedie School of Business with a special interest in starting his/her own business.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate and if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Beedie School of Business
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with an interest in starting a business
- Students must be nominated for this scholarship by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business. The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and/or a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- a curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements
- a brief outline of the student's plans regarding starting his/ her own business
- a nomination letter by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Faculty of Business Administration, describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on the nomination of the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business, and on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR025