Dr. David Eaves Graduate Scholarship in Statistics
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and reward an outstanding student in a
graduate program in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science at Simon Fraser University.
- One scholarship, valued at a minimum of $1,500, will be offered annually to a graduate
student who fulfills the following eligibility criteria:
- has demonstrated academic achievement at the undergraduate and graduate level; and
- is registered full-time in a graduate program in Statistics.
- Applications will be made via the Graduate Award, Application and Adjudication System
(GA3). Required documents include:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and/ or a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed;
- a current curriculum vitae summarizing projects, publications and research
- In the event the top applicants are of equal academic performance, preference will be given to students who are female and/or international students.
- The completed APPLICATION and all supporting documentation should be submitted to
the office of the Chair, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science.
- The completed NOMINATION and all supporting documentation must be received by the
office of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- The scholarship will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science.
Revised: February 2019/ GESR210