Fraser Health Big Data Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and provide financial support to a Master's or PhD student in the Faculty of Health Sciences who is incorporating big data approaches, tools and analysis into research conducted with Fraser Health. Whether students are interested in applying data-intensive methods to their research insights with big (or small) datasets, or looking to pivot their field of research towards data-driven discoveries and computation, the Big Data scholarships are for them - no matter their domain, discipline, or level of expertise.
- One scholarship will be granted annually to a student who fulfills the following criteria:
- is registered in a research-based Master's or PhD program in the Faculty of Health Sciences;
- has demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- is incorporating big data approaches, tools and analysis into research conducted with Fraser Health
- Students may only receive one of the Big Data Scholarships over the course of their degree.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Applications will be made via the Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) Required documents included:
- copies of post-secondary transcripts
- a letter of nomination from the applicants' senior supervisor or graduate program chair
- a summary of outlining how the applicant will use data-driven tools, approaches or analysis in their research with Fraser Health
- If a suitable candidate is not identified, the award may be disbursed in a subsequent term or year.
- The scholarship will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee on the nomination of the Big Data Initiative Student Award Committee.
Revised: May 2018/ GPSR 088