Gerri Sinclair Award for Innovation in Digital Media
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a graduating student in the Masters of Digital Media Program (MDM) who has created a digital medial product or innovation that has great potential either as a commercial digital media product or an innovative methodology for creating digital media products.
- This award may be given to one or more students, as the Director of the Masters in Digital Medial Program sees fit.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- full-time registration in the Masters of Digital Media Program
- created a digital media product or innovation that has great potential either as a commercial digital media product or an innovative methodology for creating digital media products
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated by the Director of the Masters of Digital Media program. Nominations are made on GA3 and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- a nomination letter describing the merits of the nominee
- a one page description of the commercial product or methodology created
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies based on the recommendation of the Director of the Masters of Digital Media Program and on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: September 2017 / GESR172