Grant Sheffer Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Physics
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize and provide financial support to a graduate student in the Department of Physics.
- The criteria for this award are
- have demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- are registered at SFU in a graduate program through the Department of Physics
- Preference will be given to candidates pursuing research in collaboration with TRIUMF.
- Applications can be made via the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- copy of post secondary transcript
- a letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a one page summary of the applicant's research including (if applicable) details of the research collaboration with TRIUMF
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Physics, Faculty of Science.
Revised: August2017/ GESR222