Dr. Howard Malm Graduate Award in Physics
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the award is to recognize and reward an outstanding graduate student enrolled in the Department of Physics.
- The criteria for this award are:
- has demonstrated academic achievement at the undergraduate and graduate level
- is registered full-time in the Department of Physics or in a joint graduate studies program with the Department of Physics
- is a Canadian citizen or has Canadian permanent resident status
- Preference will be given to student applicants who will be working on or who have worked on projects, publications or research related to the impacts of climate change and/or its mitigation.
- Students must be NOMINATED for the award by the Chair, Department of Physics. Students may apply on the online graduate award system and must be accompanied by
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and/or a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a current curriculum vitae summarizing projects, publications and research
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Physics.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR208