James Dean Award for Best PhD Second Year ECON 900 Paper
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize a PhD student in the Department of Economics who has written the best second year ECON 900 paper.
- The criteria for the award are:
- enrollment as a PhD student in the Department of Economics
- completion of ECON 900 in the previous 12 months and no later than the 9th term of enrollment in the PhD program
- demonstrated presentation, writing and research excellence throughout the course
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Graduate Chair, Department of Economics. To be considered for this award, students must complete the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript
- a nomination letter from the Department of Economics Graduate Chair explaining the significance, impact and originality of the doctoral research proposal and identifying the contribution made by the student as distinct from that by the supervisor of the research
- a current curriculum vitae that clearly indicates the student's contributions to publications and collaborative research activities
- a one-page summary of the research written in plain language and signed by the student
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Graduate Chair of the Department of Economics.
Revised: September 2014/ GESR204