Maureen Maloney and Andrew Petter Fellowship in Public Policy
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize outstanding academic performance and demonstrated excellence in public policy by a student in the Master’s of Public Policy Program.
- The eligibility criteria for this fellowship are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate and, if applicable at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in the Master of Public Policy Program
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level, with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- demonstrated excellence in public policy and public service (e.g., volunteer activity, public office, etc.) prior to admission to the graduate program
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Master’s of Public Policy graduate program committee, and made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a nomination letter describing the academic strengths and potential of the nominee
- copies of post secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s work
- a concise outline of the applicant's proposed master’s project
- demonstrated evidence of public service contributions
- The fellowship will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, on the nomination of the Master’s of Public Policy graduate program committee and approved by the Director, School of Public Policy.
Revised: March 2017 / GESR218