Matthew Knott Memorial Graduate Award in Diving Safety
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and provide financial support to graduate students enrolled full-time in a graduate program at Simon Fraser University who are pursuing research in diving physiology, diver safety or dive equipment design.
- One award normally will be offered annually to a graduate student who fulfills the following eligibility criteria:
- is registered full-time in a graduate program at SFU
- has demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- is pursuing research in diving physiology, diver safety or dive equipment design
- Students may apply online on the graduate award system (GA3). The following documents must accompany the online application:
- a copy of the post-secondary transcript
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a one page research summary of the applicant's research noting how it relates to research in diving physiology, diver safety or dive equipment design
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Dean, or her designate, Faculty of Science.
Revised: May 2017 / GPSR084