McQuarrie LLP Graduate Student Scholarship in Chronic Pain Management
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to offer financial assistance to and reward an outstanding graduate student in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) who is working or studying in the SFU Surrey Pain Studies Lab.
- This scholarship is established in 2014 with a three year commitment from McQuarrie Hunter LLP.
- The criteria for this award are:
- registration to enter or current enrollment at Simon Fraser University in a Master's or Doctoral program in SIAT
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and if applicable, at the graduate level
- participation in or invitation to participate in the Transforming Pain Research Group
- Students must apply for this scholarship to the Office of the Director, SIAT. Applications can be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements and work relevant to the aims of this scholarship
- The completed nomination and all supporting documentation must be received by the Office of Graduate Studies from SIAT.
- The award will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Director, SIAT.
Revised: November2017/ GPSR 063