Dr. Nancy Hall Graduate Award in Public Health
Terms of Reference
- This is an achievement award for students in the Faculty of Health Sciences who are pursuing studies in public health. The award is funded from the Dr. Nancy Hall Memorial Endowment Fund which honours the commitment of the late Dr. Nancy Hall to the promotion of better understanding and research in public health, health promotion, and in particular, mental health.
- The Award will be given to a student in the Faculty of Health Sciences who is pursuing studies in public health or to support his or her work in relevant research and practicum projects.
- Awards will be granted to a student who embodies some of the following qualities, which reflect Dr. Hall’s own qualities:
- commitment to and advocacy for socially marginalized populations, particularly those disabled by severe mental illness
- courageous, determined and dynamic
- demonstrated knowledge of relevant social policy issues
- commitment to open and active dialogue
- The eligibility criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- registration in a public health program in the Faculty of Health Sciences
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and should include:
- applicant’s most recent transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
- applicant’s CV, outlining academic, professional, and volunteer experience
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the Dean’s office in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Revised: April 2015/ GESR 180