Roderick (Erick) O'Reilly Memorial Graduate Award in the Humanities
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize and provide financial support to graduate students in the Master of Arts program in the Department of Humanities in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- One or more awards, valued at a minimum of $1,500 each, will be granted annually to students who fulfill the following criteria:
- have demonstrated academic excellence in the most recent degree program completed or in their current graduate program
- are registered full-time in the Master of Arts program in the Department of Humanities in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- whose work exhibits outstanding achievement with particular emphasis on intellectual ability and originality
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Applications will be made via the Graduate Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3). Required documents include:
- copies of post-secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a curriculum vitae
- a one-page summary of the applicant's research or project that exhibits outstanding achievement with particular emphasis on intellectual ability and originality
- If suitable candidates are not identified, the awards may be disbursed in a subsequent term or year.
- The awards will be granted by the Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee upon the nomination of the Department Chair, Humanities or his/her designate.
Revised: November 2019 / GESR233