Beedie Family Graduate Scholarship in the Beedie School of Business
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Beedie Family Graduate Scholarship is to support graduate students currently enrolled in or those entering a graduate program in the Beedie School of Business. This includes students enrolled in the Master's, PhD or Certificate programs. The scholarship will allow the Beedie School of Business to reach into the community and recruit exemplary students for the various graduate programs.
- The Beedie Family Graduate Scholarship, valued at a minimum of $1,000, will be awarded annually from the income earned from the endowment fund. If sufficient funds are available and multiple students meet the criteria for this scholarship, multiple scholarships may be granted. In the event that a suitable candidate cannot be found, the income earned may be reinvested in the endowment to protect its value over time.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate and/or graduate level
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level.
- To be eligible to receive the award, the prospective student must be currently enrolled or applying to enter a graduate program in the Beedie School of Business at SFU.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- A current, unofficial SFU transcript and/or a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- A curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements
- A nomination letter by the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business, describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the nomination of the Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, Beedie School of Business, and on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: March 2017 / GESR 184