Chemistry Alumni Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for students in a Master’s or Doctoral program in Department of Chemistry who do not currently hold an NSERC grant or other award of equal or greater value than that generated for disbursement by this endowment fund.
- Awards will be made annually from a portion of the income earned from the Endowment Fund. A portion of the earned income will be reinvested in the Endowment Fund to protect its value over time. If a suitable candidate is not found in a given year, the income will be reinvested in the Endowment Fund.
Initially, awards equal to one term’s tuition fees will be disbursed to one or more candidates. When the endowment fund is sufficient to generate one year’s tuition fees, one such disbursement will be made, with awards of one term’s tuition making up the balance available.
- The criteria for this award are:
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of Chemistry
- Students must be in the second year of their graduate program with a minimum CGPA of 3.70, comprised of courses completed during the first year of their program
- This award may not be held in conjunction with other awards of equal or greater value made by Simon Fraser University or other external agencies.
- Candidates must be nominated for this award by the Department of Chemistry Scholarships Committee with the approval of the Chair, Department of Chemistry. The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a concise outline of the proposed or actual program of studies
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: March2017 / GESR064