Chemistry Graduate Research Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize superior performance in the first year of graduate studies in the Department of Chemistry.
- The Chemistry Graduate Research Award is valued at a portion of the annual earned interest from the Endowment.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The Award will be adjudicated by the Department of Chemistry Graduate Studies Committee. Scholastic performance in all areas will be considered. Applicants eligible for this award will have participated in the Department’s Annual Poster and/or Oral Presentation Events, and any similar activities outside the Department (e.g., Local, National, and International Meetings). No award will be made if, in the opinion of the Committee, a suitably high standard has not been reached.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the recommendation of the Department of Chemistry Graduate Studies Committee, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR101