Dr J.V. Christensen Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a graduate student at Simon Fraser University who is pursuing, or intends to pursue, a graduate degree in the Department of History or Department of Archaeology.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated excellence at the undergraduate and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of History or Department of Archaeology
- cumulative grade point average of at least 3.50
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online gradudate award system (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a concise outline of the proposed or actual program of studies
- a curriculum vitae
- a letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s work
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR056