Downtown Vancouver Association Graduate Award in Urban Studies
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Downtown Vancouver Association Graduate Award in Urban Studies is to recognize and reward an outstanding student pursuing a graduate degree in Department of Urban Studies who submits the best essay or project in a given year.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- full or part-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in Urban Studies
- submission of an essay or project connected with Urban Studies
- Students must be nominated for the scholarship by the Graduate Chair of the Department of Urban Studies. Nomination is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- copy of winning essay or project
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the nomination of the Graduate Chair in the Department of Urban Studies, and on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR120