Faculty of Education Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
The Faculty of Education Graduate Scholarship was established at Simon Fraser University in 2010 by the Faculty of Education Alumni.
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for students enrolled in a graduate program in the Faculty of Education.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in either a Master’s or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Education
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated by the Director, Graduate Programs in the Faculty of Education. Nominations are made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- a nomination letter describing the merits of the nominee
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, based on the recommendation of the Director of the Graduate Programs in the Faculty of Education.
Revised: February 2012 / GPSR052