Dr. Marguerite Fauquenoy Graduate Scholarship in French
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a graduate student in the Department of French working in the area of French linguistics, varieties of French, French-based Creoles, French literature, or French Studies.
- The Dr. Marguerite Fauquenoy Graduate Scholarship in French is a one-term award derived from the interest earned by an endowment. One scholarship is available each year to a graduate student who has completed at least one term of graduate work at Simon Fraser University at the time of application.
- The criteria for this award are:
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of French
- concentration on French linguistics, varieties of French, French-based Creoles, French literature, or French Studies
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online graduate award application system (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a concise outline of the proposed or actual program of studies
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's recent work
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR061