Barbara Ferrier Chemistry Research Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student in a graduate program in Chemistry, to help with the costs associated in attending an academic conference. Students will be evaluated based on their previous annual progress as determined by the Department of Chemistry’s graduate program committee.
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Department of Chemistry’s Graduate Program Committee and should include evidence of the following:
- registration and in good academic standing at Simon Fraser University in the graduate program in the Department of Chemistry
- demonstrated research excellence at the graduate level
- identification of a suitable conference with a high impact for the student’s program
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must include:
- a curriculum vitae describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant’s work
- a concise outline of the proposed benefits of attending the conference
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, on the nomination of the Department of Chemistry’s Graduate Program Committee.
Revised: April 2017 / GESR135