Israel Chertkow Memorial Scholarship in Gerontology
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide recognition to the top graduating student in the Gerontology Diploma Program.
- The Israel Chertkow Memorial Scholarship in Gerontology is awarded in the Fall term. The value of the award is based on a portion of the earned income from the endowment.
- The criteria for this award are:
- completion of the Gerontology Diploma Program at Simon Fraser University
- achievement of the highest grade point average of the graduating class
- This award may be held in conjunction with other award made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The student must be nominated for this award by the Graduate Chair of the Department of Gerontology. The nomination should be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by a copy of the SFU transcript.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: August 2012 / GESR019