James A. MacEachern Graduate Scholarship in Earth Sciences
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize and provide financial support to one or more graduate students in the Department of Earth Sciences.
- One or more scholarships, valued at a minimum of $2,000 each, will be granted annually, in any term, to a student(s) who fulfills the following criteria:
- has demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level;
- is registered at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of Earth Sciences; and
- demonstrates an aptitude for innovative research.
- This scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The scholarship is meant to be awarded as a supplement to, not in lieu of, funding provided by a student's supervisor.
- Applications will be made via the Graduate Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3). Required documents include:
- copies of post-secondary transcripts;
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work; and
- a research proposal or recent paper demonstrating the applicant's aptitude for innovative research.
- If a suitable candidate is not identified, the scholarship may be disbursed in a subsequent term or year.
- The scholarship will be granted by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Earth Sciences.
Revised: April 2019/ GESR228