Lang Wong Memorial Endowment Scholarship in Engineering
Terms of Reference
This scholarship is funded in the memory of Lang Wong by the Lang Wong Memorial Endowment Fund with generous contributions from his family, friends and colleagues. Mr. Wong was a Canadian who devoted over 50 years of his life to the cause of international development, primarily in Asia, through service with the United Nations and its member agencies, the Canadian government, the International Development Research Centre and the Ford Foundation.
- To be eligible to apply for this award, a person must be enrolled in either the School of Engineering Science (MEng) or Applied Science (MASc) or PhD graduate program with one term completed.
- The criteria for this award are:
- strong academic record; normally a first-class grade point average
- international student
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post secondary transcripts
- two confidential letters of reference
- concise outline of the proposed program of studies
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the recommendation of the School of Engineering Science Graduate Studies Committee.
Revised: March 2017 / GESR006