Peter Legge Graduate Volunteer Leadership Award in Business
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a graduate student at Simon Fraser University who is pursuing, or entering, any graduate program in the Beedie School of Business at the Segal Graduate School of Business.
- To be considered eligible, candidates should demonstrate their involvement in unpaid volunteer activities by providing their curriculum vitae and cover letter describing their volunteerism, the length of service and time-commitment dedicated to such interests, and including a letter of reference from a supervisor of the candidate’s volunteer work.
- The criteria for this award are:
- full-time registration in a graduate program in the Segal Graduate School of Business at Simon Fraser University
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate and, if applicable at the graduate level
- promise of outstanding achievement with particular emphasis on research ability and originality
- demonstrated volunteer activities as outlined in Point 2 above
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Dean of the Beedie School of Business. The nomination must be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a nomination letter describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee
- copies of all post secondary transcripts
- supporting documents as outlined in Point 2 above
- The final selection of a candidate for the award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: November 2012 / GESR123