Linguistics Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student in a Master’s program in the Department of Linguistics. Preference will be given to candidates who have not received the award before.
- The Linguistics Graduate Scholarship is an annual award valued at $500. It is normally tenable in the Fall semester.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program and in the Department of Linguistics
- promise of outstanding performance with particular emphasis on graduate coursework, research publications and presentations at scholarly workshops and conferences
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies. Preference will be given to candidates who have not received the award before.
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript or a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree completed
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GPSR033