L.R. (Bunny) Wright Memorial Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Bunny Wright Memorial Scholarship is to support graduate students enrolled in the Graduate Liberal Studies Program.
- The Bunny Wright Memorial Scholarship will be awarded annually from the income earned from the endowment fund. If sufficient funds are available, and multiple students meet the criteria for this scholarship, multiple scholarships of equal value may be granted. In the event that a suitable candidate cannot be found, the income earned may be reinvested in the endowment to protect its value over time.
- The Bunny Wright Memorial Scholarship will normally be awarded in the fall term.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic and research excellence at the undergraduate and graduate level, with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in the Graduate Liberal Studies Program
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Students must be nominated for the scholarship by the Director, Graduate Liberal Studies Program. Nomination must be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and/or a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed;
- a curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements
- a nomination letter by the Director, Graduate Liberal Studies, describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the nomination of the Director, Graduate Liberal Studies Program, and on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR179