Colin McPhee Graduate Scholarship in Fine Arts
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree program in any art discipline in the School for the Contemporary Arts.
- The Colin McPhee Graduate Scholarship in Fine Arts is a one-term award valued at a portion of the earned income from the endowment. One or more scholarships may be awarded. It is tenable in the Fall term.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registered full-time at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the School for the Contemporary Arts
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- A student who applies for a Graduate Fellowship (to the School for the Contemporary Arts) will automatically be considered for the Colin McPhee Graduate Scholarship. Applications for both awards are made on the Application for a Graduate Fellowship form and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all postsecondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work.
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, and on the recommendation of the School for the Contemporary Arts Graduate Program Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR115