Ann and William Messenger Graduate Fellowship in English
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for student(s) pursuing a Master's or Doctoral degree in the Department of English.
- The Ann and William Messenger Graduate Fellowship in English is a one-term award normally valued at a portion of the earned income from the endowment. Each award will be $1,000 more than a Simon Fraser University Graduate Fellowship at the student’s level (MA or PhD).
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in the Department of English
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The award application and/or nomination is made using the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a nomination letter;
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on the nomination of the Chair of English, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2015 / GESR122