Michael Stevenson Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for students enrolled in a doctoral program at Simon Fraser University.
- The Michael Stevenson Graduate Scholarship is a three-term award and it is tenable during three consecutive academic terms in Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the graduate level
- full-time registration in a doctoral program in any Faculty at SFU
- demonstrated research excellence at the postgraduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Applications are submitted via the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by a:
- current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the official transcript of the most recent degree program complete
- resume summarizing scholastic achievements and work relevant to the aims of this scholarship
- letter of reference from the student’s senior supervisor describing the candidate’s research abilities
- Student applications are normally accepted at the departmental level. One nomination from each Department is submitted to Graduate Studies and forwarded to the Faculty offices.
- The selection of a successful candidate(s) in each Faculty will be made by the Faculty Graduate Studies Committee from the departmental nominations received. One nomination from each Faculty Dean will be forwarded to Graduate Studies, who will make the final selection from among the Faculty nominations received, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2017 / GESR 181