Muslim Studies Graduate Student Travel Award
Terms of Reference
- The Muslim Studies Graduate Student Award is supported by the Dossa Endowment Fund. It supports a graduate student award for a student in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences who has undertaken research on Muslim societies and cultures. To be eligible for this award, students must be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral thesis program in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- The criteria for this award are:
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program
- completed at least one term in a graduate program in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- a program which requires travel abroad to undertake research on some aspect of a Muslim society or culture
- This award may be held in any term in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application must be made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- current, unofficial SFU transcript
- a research proposal concerned with Muslim societies and cultures
- a letter from the student’s supervisor attesting to the quality of applicant and supporting the need for research abroad for the applicant’s research
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the recommendation of the Chair of the Steering Committee, Centre for Comparative Muslim Studies (CCMS), Department of History.
Revised: January 2019 / GESR161