Hemingway Nelson Architects Graduate Scholarship
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a graduate student carrying out research work at the Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
- The Hemingway Nelson Architects Graduate Scholarship is a one-term, one-time award equal to the net income from an endowment.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
- promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability and originality
- registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program involving the study of molecular biology and/or biochemistry and involved in research at the Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
- primary consideration will be given to graduate students in their first year
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies
- The completed application and all the supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR065