Dr. L.B. Peter Rae Memorial Award in Business Ethics
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Dr. L.B. Peter Rae Memorial Award in Business Ethics is to recognize a student pursuing an MBA or EMBA whose thesis or project addresses issues in business ethics.
- The Dr. L.B. Peter Rae Memorial Award in Business Ethics is a one-term award valued at a portion of the income available from the Endowment.
- The criteria for this award are:
- full-time registration, at the time of application, at Simon Fraser University in the MBA or EMBA graduate program in the Beedie School of Business
- submission of a paragraph of a topic concerning business ethics and why it is important to the student
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- The thesis or MBA project should be submitted to the Beedie School of Business Awards Committee and will be adjudicated by two permanent faculty members. No award will be made if, in the opinion of the referees, a suitably high standard has not been reached. Students are advised to consult with faculty regarding the suitability of their proposed thesis or project subject.
- The completed application and all supporting documents must be received by the department of enrolment.
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR077