Vancouver East Rotary Graduate Scholarship in Education (PhD)
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of the Vancouver East Rotary Graduate Scholarship in Education is to provide financial support for a student enrolled in the PhD program in the Faculty of Education.
- The criteria for this award are:
- demonstrated academic excellence;
- full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in the PhD program in the Faculty of Education.
- This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Application is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript OR an official transcript from the most recent degree program at another post-secondary institution for a student just entering the PhD program at SFU
- a concise outline of the proposed program of studies
- a curriculum vitae summarizing scholastic achievements and work relevant to the aims of this scholarship
- one letter of reference from someone other than their supervisor who is familiar with the applicant’s research ability
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
Revised: April 2017 / GESR138