Scotiabank Graduate Award in Business
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to provide financial support to for graduate students at Simon Fraser University who are pursuing, or intend to pursue, a graduate degree at the Beedie School of Business.
- The award is an annual award, disbursed over two terms. Its value is subject to the income earned from its endowment fund and will increase as the endowment grows.
- The criteria for this award are as follows:
- registration in a graduate program in the Segal Graduate School of Business at Simon Fraser University
- demonstrated academic excellence
- promise of outstanding achievement
- This award may be held in any term in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies.
- Student(s) must be nominated for the Scotiabank Graduate Award in Business by the Associate Dean of the Beedie School of Business. The nomination is made on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by
- a nomination letter describing the academic merits and potential of the nominee and their financial need if applicable
- copies of all post-secondary transcripts
- a statement of financial need
- The final selection of a candidate for the award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies, on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, based on the nomination of the Associate Dean of the Beedie School of Business.
Revised: February 2012 / GESR141