Shaughn Clements Biological Sciences Graduate Award
Terms of Reference
- The purpose of this award is to recognize and provide funding to a graduate student in the Department of Biological Sciences.
- Multiple awards may be offered if endowment income permits; however, the value of additional awards must be equal to the first award given in any year.
- The criteria for this award are:
- enrollment in the Department of Biological Sciences
- enrollment in the second year or later of graduate studies
- good academic standing at the graduate level
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- has not been nominated, concurrently, for the Sharon Clements Biological Sciences Award
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received this award before.
- The value of the award is intended to be above and beyond the normal salary (or funding package) offered to graduate students in the Department of Biological Sciences. It is the responsibility of the Chair, Department of Biological Sciences to ensure that this award is not considered as part of the funding package guaranteed to the recipient.
- Students must be nominated for this award by the Chair, Department of Biological Sciences. Students may apply on the online Grad Awards, Application and Adjudication System (GA3) and must be accompanied by:
- a current, unofficial SFU transcript and a copy of the transcript of the most recent degree program completed
- one letter of reference from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's work
- The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee, upon the nomination of the Chair, Department of Biological Sciences.
Revised: April 2017 / GESR198